Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Sunday, August 27, 2017

White feathers and Nature

"I dream my painting and l paint my dream" Van Gogh.
I came across this saying the other week and thought, that's what l do. I often have weird dreams and sometimes l can remember them vividy when l wake up, so l always have a pen/pencil and my notebook, beside my bed. But sometimes l only remember them as l literally wake up and then they are gone. So l have to be quick to record them.
 I am for ever finding white feathers. As the saying goes: "See a feather, pick it up and all day long you will have good luck." People often say finding a white feather means faith and protection. Others say that if you see a white feather after a funeral, it means your loved ones are safe and well in heaven. Even if you don't understand at the time what it means ... don't stress about it. My feathers often just appear in front of me. Sometimes they are sticking up in the sand or grass, other times they just float down in front of me or l find one in my handbag!  Just trust that it is a good sign and trust in your own feelings.
I have read that if you find a large black feather, the Maori hold them in a highly, spiritual protection way. Native American people take great care of any feathers that they find, as they see them as a powerful talisman. As you can see from many films and images, they use feathers in their ceremonial head-dresses and ceremonial clothes. A few feathers standing and lying down!




  





Just a few l collected in about 10 mins, around a pond in Richmond Park.


Beaches fascinate me doesn't matter if they are stone or sand. Part of the fascinate for me, is stones that just seem to shout out to me. Especially ones with unusual patterns,colours or holes in them. The holes especially fascinate me, when u realise how long it has taken to create some of them!






Sometimes l find unusual items found on the beach ... dead unfortunately for the shark. :(


Flowers can be just as interested dead, as when they were in full bloom.



When l was in Cornwall a few weeks ago, l saw seaweed l had never seen before. So much texture, fantastic. Must draw them when l have some spare time.






Look what l found on my porch wall ... tiny and so delicate.



Last but not least this toadstool. My four year old grandson when it saw it said: "Wow Nanna, that is so big, it looks as if it has eaten at least 4 other toadstool!" ...... I must admit l did struggle to find an answer to that !! :)


Happy "Bank Holiday" to all my British readers and to any one else ... Stay Safe. 



1 comment:

liniecat said...

Feathers are fascinating and hadn't known about the Maori link!
Lucky you to have found the paddock still in that holey stone!
I was convinced they were magically created holes lol that sounds so much nicer right?
I cant get over the fact that its a shell fish that makes them but Ive never yet found one with the creature still resident!

Great photos, some interesting sea weed, wonder if any of them are edible?